Keep Your Eyes Peeled for These Summer Driving Dangers
Now that the winter months are finally over, and spring itself seems to be transitioning into summer, it’s time to prepare for the unique hazards that summer brings.
This year, drive safely, and keep these summer driving dangers in mind:
- More pedestrians (especially teenagers and young adults) will be walking and playing on residential streets than ever before.
- Similarly, more wild animals and pets will wander onto the roads.
- Glare from the sun will be stronger than ever, so be sure to have a pair of sunglasses
- Additionally, it’s a good idea to wear sunscreen even when you’re in the car, as UV rays do travel through your windshield and windows.
- Lastly, it’s vital that you monitor your water intake and stay hydrated when behind the wheel. Just to be safe, consider keeping a jug of fresh, clean water in your vehicle at all times.